Thursday, March 23, 2006

March 16th, 2006

Hello everyone!! I have so much going on right now its hard to find where to start!! First of all I am out of the gym for about 2 weeks at least! Sad, but true! Right when I was looking good and full, making great gains in the gym and with my body, but all good things have to come to an end sometime!! I saw a new Doctor about my injuries, I now have 4 blown disks in my back on TOP of the painfull Fibromyalgia!! But this doc wants me off the pain meds that I have been on for 2 yrs!! So as of this past Sat. my detox has begun!! I am in the middle of withdrawels right now, I would not wish this terrible feeling on anyone!! I shake terrible and have bad pain throughout my body, not to mention upset stomach!! I am doing my best to stay focussed!! The doc says I am one tuff chick!! I was on a fentanyl patch for 2 yrs!! And I have been without for 3 days now!! The withdrawels can last up to 2 weeks!! I am so weak I have to think about geeting up for 10 minutes before I actually can!! Then I am so tired and winded that I have to sit back down!! I am telling you this because I want to make people aware what pain meds can do!! This is NO joke!! I am normally an upbeat , fast moving lady with tons of energy, but this has left me weak as a kitten!! So at this point, I am just praying that I can get thru this and live with the pain afterwards!! This to shall pass!! I need to go lay back down now, so please keep me in your prayers and lets hope and pray that I will be back soon and able to do what I need to do to get back on stage this fall!!
All my love & Prayers!
Vicki Nixon

2 Comments:

At April 2, 2006 at 7:55 AM, Blogger dastext said...

Vicki, you're not alone when it comes to fibromyalgia and the problems it causes. In addition to the pain, there's the fear of what will happen if you stop taking your medications and then of course the actual withdrawal syndrome from opiates. I see this all the time in my job,and all I can say is hang in there. When its over you will feel like a new woman and much more independent. Good luck to you and your husband as you go through this trial.
Tex

 
At April 22, 2006 at 7:21 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

God bless you! I am doing much better & feeling free from the drugs:) I am 98% back.
Sincerly
Vicki Nixon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home